Advantages of Training
Sunday School Teachers
(The following principles are taken from Teaching To Transform Not Inform 2)
Advantages of training Sunday School teachers
Training your Sunday school teachers to change primarily informationally based lessons into transformational ones is incredibly important to your churches spiritual growth. Below are just a few of the many advantages of training Sunday school teachers.
- Many (possibly most) of your teachers have never been trained as a Sunday School teacher so even a few hours of training can have dramatic effect.
- Teachers who have some educational training are often aware of how to teach biblical facts, principles, and theology (in the same way a public school teacher would), but still don't know how to teach the heart so their teaching changes listeners' values, attitudes, opinions, priorities, prejudices, will, and commitments. Don't assume they know how to explain and teach others to live according to biblical principles, instead, train them how. This is one of the biggest advantages of training Sunday School teachers.
- Your teachers need a spiritual teacher as well.
- As God impacts their live, they can't help but impact the lives of those in their class!
- Lessons are always more insightful when you have the combined insights of other teachers.
- Teachers quickly determe what needs to be said and the best way to say it.
- More insightful and helpful application is identified.
- Training Sunday School teachers in new teaching skills and principles can be incorporated throughout the training time.
- As the lesson is discussed, teachers can be reminded of how they can apply previously learned teaching skills and techniques. New teachers profit from information new to them while mature teachers are reminded of principles they may know, but have not applied yet. As teacher hear how the principles can be applied week after week, the principles become second nature, and your church will become known for the quality of your Sunday School teachers.
Advantages of training Sunday School Teachers:
Your teaching ministry is God's gift to you; committing to it is your gift to God.
Quotes pertaining to the advantages of training Sunday School teachers
- Individuals visit Bible studies because they are invited, but they will join yours because your teaching changes their lives.
- Brad Simon
- The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains.
The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
- William Arthur Ward
- The most important part of education is proper training in the nursery (i.e., new teachers).
- To know yet to think that one does not know is best;
Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lao Tzu
(this is why some teachers, who think they know the best way to teach, will not attend your teacher training sessions)
- What I hear, I forget.
What I see, I remember.
What I do, I understand.
- Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough we must do.
- It's all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you're properly trained.
- Elizabeth II
- Practice makes perfect only if they have been trained to practice the right thing.
- Brad Simon
Just a few of the advantages of training Sunday School teachers.
>> To learn more about training Sunday school teachers, see chapter 2 in Teaching to Transform Not Inform 2: How to Teach a Transformational Sunday School Lesson...STEP-BY-STEP.
If you desire to fulfill the Great Commission through your teaching ministry, this book places at your fingertips a simple, practical, step-by-step process for how to develop and teach Bible lessons that change hearts and transform lives. You will discover the seven teaching elements you need to include in every lesson that has transformation as its main objective. As you go through additional books and seminars within this series, they will build upon previous ones giving you a linear path for developing more and more advanced teaching skills.
This innovative practical series is full of examples and how-to steps to ensure your Bible lessons lead listeners into an intimate relationship with Christ. to get a more detailed outline of the book that will show you how to teach Sunday School.
For links on Advantages of Training Sunday School Teachers, see the following:
- How to Grow Your Sunday School
- Sunday School Teacher Training
- How to Train Sunday School Teachers
- Benefits of training Sunday school teachers
- Sunday school teacher training resources
- Free Sunday school teacher training lesson outlines
- Enlisting Sunday school leaders
- Advantages of Training Sunday School Teachers
- by Brad Simon
- Find us on Google+
Book 1 Topics for: Advantages of training Sunday school teachers
Book 2 Topics for: Advantages of training Sunday school teachers
|It is advantageous to train your Sunday school teachers How You Teach More by Teaching Less||The 7 Ingredients of a Transformational Lesson|
|The rewards of becoming one of the imperfect teachers God uses||The Sticky Proverb|
|Create a ripple that continues into eternity||The Visual Anchor|
|Advantages of training Sunday school teachers||Avoiding Ramblemation|